3 Do It Yourself Ways To Fight DepressionDepression . Self Improvement
Depression must go away
Overcome your depression yourself: (Meditation; Exercise; and Expressive writing)
Meditate or Stagnate:
- First, take a seat. Find a place that is quiet and makes you feel calm.
- Next, set a time limit. For beginners, 3-5 minutes will do. You can add more as you progress.
- Then, notice your body. Pick a body position that you can stay in while you are meditating.
- And then, feel your breath. Follow the sensation of your breathing as you inhale and exhale.
- Lastly, notice when your mind starts to wander. Once you notice your mind wanders as you meditate, return your attention to your breathing.
- Once you’re done, take a moment to notice your thoughts and emotions, how your body feels and the environment.
Exercise, or meet your demise:
- Thermogenic hypothesis
- Endorphin and Monoamine hypothesis
- Distraction and Self-efficacy hypothesis
Write or Flight:
- Start writing four straight days for 20 minutes, if not possible, at least do it four days a week.
- You do not have to write the most traumatic experience in your life; what’s essential is to write about what you are facing currently. It is also important to make it as objective as possible and explore your deepest emotions about it. Figure out what you feel and why you feel that way.
- Don’t stop writing. Grammar, spelling, language, structure and such is of no significance. And if you experience “writer’s block” (like I always do), repeat what you have written previously.
- After the initial start, you can write whenever you feel like it; however, you must not overwrite and make it as an excuse to slack off in your daily life. Write in moderation.
- As to where to write, find a place where you can be at ease, comfort, and possibly where there are no interruptions.